What New Features are in 4.0 compared to 3.5?
- Completely re-written from the ground up in Java for Mac and/or PC.
- A whole new look, but same easy feel.
- Share data between Mac & PC (For example, you can have a PC for your register and a “Mac in the back.”)
- Wireless networks are allowed, but not recommended, because a wired network is faster and more secure.
- Limited support for Laptops & Tablets if they have Windows 7 or better or Mac OS X Yosemite or Mavericks.
iPads devices are NOT supported with the full application but may eventually have companion apps.
- Tablets don’t have keyboards. Artisan works better with a keyboard. Tablets should be used for
Inventory Counting and other Special Operations ONLY.
- A new SQL database engine which is even more robust.
Screens & Record Editing
- Multiple Screens for Everything. For example, have PO open and start Sale and switch between the two.
- Configure record lists. Add/Remove/Rearrange columns and control widths.
- Record screens have tabs for easier access.
- Adaptive screens allow more information as window sizes increases.
Searching Record Lists
- Search by almost any field.
- Power searches for Customers and Items and more.
- Advanced search for most lists.
- More built-in reports.
- Built-In Report Designer for advanced users/developers.
- More security controls.
- Audit logs for everything, know who changed what, when, and where.
- Protect data with a USB Device called a “Secure Access Key”.
- SQL is generally much more secure.
- Tool Bar buttons for quick access to popular functions.
- Configurable profiles for similar stations such as multiple registers or office stations.
- Unlimited Bar Codes per item.
- Product pictures on sales and purchase order screens for product validation up-sell.
What is missing?
- Many special features such as Loyalty Clubs and Product Variants are coming soon!
Check out the Feature Release Schedule for details.
What is NOT supported?
- No more PC Charge! as payment processor.
- No Support for older devices such as serial receipt printers and parallel cash drawers.
- No more Generic Text driver for receipt printers ( They must have a real driver installed above generic text).