Learn More About Shopify
Shopify is a very popular easy-to-use site. We feel that it’s popularity is earned because you get a ton of features for a reasonable price–especially if you consider the hosting and security aspect. If you utilize the available marketing tools and the Shopify staff, you can achieve great success with something simple. Ultimately, your choice of provider depends on many aspects and there isn’t one perfect solution, but Shopify is a good place to start.
- Shopify is one of the easiest platforms to get up and running. You should be able to build your site on your own if you are somewhat computer savvy. You may have to watch a few videos and online tutorials but most folks should be able to get a Shopify site up and running on their own.
- Fast and Secure. Shopify is reportedly very fast while maintaining a high level of security. This leaves you to spend your energy designing and selecting your products, and focusing on customer service, while Shopify worries about hosting and security.
- Themes are responsive and work well on mobile devices and adapt to changing screen sizes.
- Marketing: Perhaps the most import thing. Shopify offers simple and critical Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools.
- Clean check-out process.
- Support Staff. With Shopify, you have a team to turn to when you have questions.
Things to Consider:
- Shopify will not satisfy the needs of every situation and it’s lack of customization is the biggest weakness for some.
- Payment Processing fees are considered high and you may pay an additional 1% or so for a 3rd party solution.
- Scaled up versions, with more features like calculated shipping rates, are more expensive.
How it Works:
Designing your site in Shopify provides all the things a good site should. Tell your customers where you are, when you’re open, and what makes you special. Add decorative photographs of your store, products, customers, and more to tell your unique story, style, and culture.
Enter all your products into Artisan POS and select the ones you want to publish online. Add images and descriptions, weights, and other details right into the Artisan POS interface.
CerTek helps you configure Artisan POS and Shopify to work together and automatically keeps your products and sales up to date.
Process your Orders in Artisan POS and print out invoices, receipts, packing slips, and more.
Track your orders and order history all within Artisan POS. If a customer emails to repeat a previous order, for example, Artisan POS stores a complete customer history and you can even duplicate a previous sale if you want.
Pricing: (Artisan POS and Web Interface Add-On sold separately.)
- Expect to pay $29 or $79 per month for Shopify service. Check out their site for current information.
- We recommend you purchase one of their paid templates for a one time fee of around $200.
Getting Started: (Basic instructions, not step by step.)
- Sign up with Shopify using this special link so they know you are using Artisan POS and get credit for the sale. Sign Up Here!
- Connect your Shopify to Artisan POS.
- Work on Products and Categories in Artisan POS and Site Design in Shopify in parallel.
- Set business policies such as sales taxes and shipping options.
- Launch your site.