Switching over from Artisan 3.5 can be stressful, but this article is to help make it as smooth as possible. Here is a quick break-down of the major steps involved.
Before Go Live Date:
- Install Trial Migration Data for Review and Training.
- Determine Payment Processing and Acquire Payment Devices as needed.
- Confirm compatible Computers. i3 with 8GB is minimum. Windows 10 Pro is best.
Faster computers dramatically improve Artisan Performance, especially with larger data, transactions.
- Confirm suitable (hopefully wired) network installation, usually two network connections per station are required. One for Artisan, One for PIN Pad. Lane 3000, Lane 5000 require WIRED connections.
- Confirm correct PIN Pad for each station and install PIN Pad at each station, hide or put a sign on each until ready to go live. Identify MAC address for each station if there is no indication of station number on the box.
- Install Artisan on Each Station, acquire Artisan Hardware Signature Key
- Confirm proper printer drivers are installed for receipt printers at each station.
- Test with Test Data as needed.
Night Before Live Day:
- Get Backup From 3.5 Data
- Disable Artisan 3.5 on Each station or Make Read Only
Go Live Day:
- Restore Migrated Data on Server
- Open up Each Artisan Station
- Uncover PIN Pads
- Last Minute Testing
- Trial Data & Testing
- Install Artisan standalone using Sample Data
- Install Artisan standalone with Migrated Data
- Install Artisan with Migrated Data on Server
- Artisan 4.4 supports a variety of Payment Processing Solutions:
- TranCloud with Chosen Payments
- Payment Logistics Gateway with PAX Terminals
- TranCloud with TSYS or Other Processor
- PAX Direct with Chosen or Payment Logistics (Single Station, Limited)
Obsolete Options ONLY for Short Term Transitions
(No New Installations)
- Obsolete MSR with OpenEdge
- Obsolete MSR with BridgePay
- Obsolete IPP320 with BridgePay
- Truthfully, better computers mean a better experience with Artisan 4.4. You should test your existing computers with some real data to be certain. Also please provide us with your current specs to see how they stand. In general, you need at least an i3 (i5 is better) and 8 GB off RAM. Windows 10 Professional is preferred, but not required. Often older Windows 7 computers need upgrading, not just switching to Windows 10.
- Networking: Each Artisan station needs a WIRED connection to PIN Pads and Artisan Station
- When the PIN Pad ships, we normally indicate which station it is for. If not, we will need to know the MAC Address.
- Install Artisan, then click on Help and then choose About. Artisan will copy the Hardware Signature to the clipboard. Paste this number into an email or text file and send it to us.
- Older receipt printers can be difficult, if not impossible to work on Windows 10. Make sure you have a current driver and we can print a test page from Device Configuration in Artisan.
- Make some test transactions before we set a live date to make sure they go through. This includes running a credit card. It is best to confirm with your bank that you have received those funds. Best to test for 1.00 or so.