More and more stores are looking toward an online store for increasing their sales. With Artisan it is very easy, especially when compared to other solutions. Until recently it was really wasn’t that easy with Artisan… now we have something better. This article will help you get started and even help you start your own site in just a few hours…
You can do this. I promise… and we’re here to help. If you get stuck, just call us. So relax, take a deep breath and Let’s go.
First of all, I have to make just a few assumptions and/or prerequisites.
- You need to have a licensed copy of Artisan POS. If not, call our sales team, 877-723-7835.
- You must have the Add-On package for Internet Store Interface or ISI. If not, call our sales team, 877-723-7835.
- This article is for Shopify, but there are other choices such as Woo Commerce (which is for WordPress).
So if you are still not sure which one you want, Shopify has a trial version you can experiment with.
- You must get a Shopify Account. Please order it through this link so CerTek can get credit for the sale and make a tiny commission. Thanks.
- If you’re using your existing Shopify account and you have existing products, you should make sure those products are in Artisan too. If you have lots of products already and those aren’t in Artisan, we can assist you to import those items into Artisan for a fee.
- Artisan will only send Items/Products TO Shopify. Artisan can not receive Items/Products FROM Shopify.
- Artisan will only RECEIVE Orders from Shopify, At this time Artisan does not update Order Status in Shopify, but this is on our list of things to do.
From this point on I will use the following terms:
Item – An individual product that you sell such as a T-Shirt or Coffee Mug. This item has a unique number called a SKU or Item Code.
Category – A group of similar products such as Glass, Ladies Tops, or Gifts. In Shopify, this is called a collection, but they are pretty much the same thing, but one item can be in more than one collection.
ISI – Internet Store Interface a.k.a. Artisan Task Manager.
Artisan Task Manager is a utility program that comes with Artisan POS and is already on your computer if you have had a relatively recent version of Artisan 4.4.
Upload – The process of sending data to another computer, network, or program.
Download – The process of receiving data from another computer, network, or program.
Configuring the Artisan Task Manager:
Getting your site actually communicating with Artisan is easy because we will do this step for you. We normally do this from the start, that way you can learn how things look best on your site. Give us a call and we will get this done right away… or if you want to venture on your own…
Setting Up Shopify for Artisan Integration
Log into your Shopify account.
From the dashboard, click Apps -> Manage private apps
-> Create a new private app
In the Description field, enter Artisan POS Software.
In the Emergency Email, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the Review disable Admin API permissions
Now the tedious task of changing all the permissions to “Read and write”. Set each option to either “Read and write” if available, otherwise “Read access”. While it is true that we probably don’t need all these, we have had some unexpected issues and we just do them all. If you feel uncomfortable with some of them, just try it without. If you get a strange error why you try to sync, that may be the problem. Another option is to get the sync working, and then turn them off one by one and make sure that your sync is still working.
Check off all the boxes and click on Save.
Click Save. Save the API key and password for later use.
Preparing for Artisan Integration
Run the Artisan Task Manager
Click on Task -> New
Configure Artisan Task Manager
The first 4 fields are easy to find in your copy of Artisan.
Click File -> Open Company -> 1) Connect to Existing Company Data
From here you will see the Location for Existing Real Data – (check out the image below)
Map these fields as shown… and then the following as well:
Task Type: Upload
Task Frequency: 15
Internet Store Type: Shopify
Store URL: This is your Shopify web address. You MUST include the https:// and be just like the example but with your address instead.
Store User ID: This is the API Key from the Shopify Setup
Store Password: This is the API password from the Shopify Setup
That’s it – You can leave the rest alone.
Make sure you press Enter or click of the field and Click Save.
Selecting Items in Artisan
You should have your Internet Store