Here are some CerTek-recommended specifications for using Artisan POS. We strongly encourage following these guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact the Technical Support team at 877-723-7835.
Artisan may run fine on any other computer that does not meet the minimum requirements outlined in this article. However, we do not guarantee this will not cause any issues nor will we take any responsibility for hardware failure, compatibility issues, and/or slowness of the system.
Before we begin, there are some terms that we will reference in this article.
Station(s): Stations are your registers.
Main station: Also known as your server. This is the central computer your other stations are connected to.
Specifications and Configurations
These are the computer specifications and configurations we recommend for your main station.
Powerful Windows 10 or 11 PC With Mirror/RAID Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or 11 Pro 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel 6th Gen Quad-Core i5-10400 2.90GHz 12MB Cache, Hyper-threaded
- ASUS Prime H470M-Plus/CSM -mAXT Intel H470 Chipset 5x 6GB/s SATA3 – 2xM.2 Motherboard
- 16GB PC4-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz RAM
- 10 USB Ports
- Gigabit LAN
- 2 x 512GB SATA 6Gb/s SSDs
- Hard Drive Storage: Solid State Drives are in a Mirror RAID configuration for continuous backups
- 6 USB on Rear, 4 USB on front, 1 Serial Port on Rear C
- 24x DVD+/-RW Dual Layer, Onboard Audio
- Includes Free AntiVirus
- 3-Year Warranty with Advanced Parts Replacement & Onsite Service
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 13″ x 5.5″ x 11″
Minimum specifications for regular registers (or inventory tablets) at your location. Of course, you can also better configurations than recommended.
- Operating System: Windows 10 or 11 – Professional or Ultimate Edition, 64-Bit. Mac: Mac OS X, 10.9, 10.0 (Mavericks, Yosemite) or later
- Processor: At least 2.2 GHz dual-core or hyperthreaded (We recommend the Intel i5 processor or better)
- Hard Drive Storage: We recommend a 500 GB (or bigger) Solid State hard drive