Although we have been extremely busy with support all during the health crisis, we have been diligently working on 4.5, which is the next round of significant changes since 4.4 was released. There’s lots of important work in 4.5 and significant improvements. As we hope you will read below, we were able to dramatically improve efficiency with the Record Table Screen Paging, add a bunch of Search and Sort improvements, Record List Export, and many others, we couldn’t get to everything on the list. We have to make a cut-off and get some of these crucial changes in your hands! We will continue to work on the things most requested by users. At the end of this document, we will cover what’s coming late in 4.5 and in 4.6.
We are anticipating a general release in January 2021, just a few
months weeks away!
1 – Record Table Screen Paging
As you know, a record is an Item, Category, Vendor, Saved Sale, and many more. Some of these types of records may get very large such as Items or Saved Sales. Now In 4.5, Artisan doesn’t try to load all these records at once. In 4.4, this was slowing down the screen and preventing you from working right away. Perhaps you have seen the message about too many records to display.
Or perhaps you have seen the message “Loading Records…”
Both of these problems have been dramatically reduced because Artisan only now loads a few pages of information and as you scroll down more records are loaded. Of course, if you start filtering your data by typing something in the search boxes, then the number of matching records reduces even further.
This is particularly useful in scenarios like recalling sales. Now you can get rid of the extra search options such as “Recent Sales” or “2020 Sales” and the resulting confusion. From now on, just the most recent sales, or whatever default search you have, will show the last few pages sales… and as you page down the list will continue to expand as needed.
2 – New
& Repaired Search Options
Some of our users have experienced missing search options in many critical places. 4.5 makes a valiant effort to restore these to their original intended options. Additionally, we have added and tweaked various options to reflect the way our customers are using the program.
Example: Recalling Saved Sale
In 4.4 it might be very limited with just one option (or maybe you added one or two of your own).
But this is how it supposed to be (now in 4.5).
Of course, you may still have some that you added.
3 – Power Search Panel for Recalled Sales
4 – Additional Search Query Operators
When you are searching for a matching field, there are new choices on how the search is conducted. Here’s an example of how Text Filters have improved.
|Field Type||In 4.4 the choices are:||In 4.5 the choices are:|
5 – Regular Expressions – Advanced Searching
If you are a computer programmer or advanced user, you can now take advantage of a special syntax language used for advanced searching.
6 – Temporary Filter (Like Temporary Vendor Filter)
Great words to be put here…
7 – Multi-Level Sort Option
Shift-Click for a limit of 4 columns.
8 – Added Option on Item Power Search Panel
Added Description (Contains).
9 – Time Stamp Works with At Least to filter by Time.
Blah, Blah, Blah…
Exports from Record Table Screen
You can now export records directly to CSV or Text file.
You have a choice of just the fields that are shown on your screen or to export all fields.
PPLOG – Magic Card # and New default Columns in including
(Card Number Column now optimized to fit in a small column rather than showing all the stars.)
Title Bar Enhancement
The title bar now shows more details. For example, when you are in an item record you can see what item you are looking at even if you are not on the Basic Tab.
When you hover over fields that are cut off, sometimes more details will appear when you hover your mouse over the item.
Additional Details in the Audit Log
We have added more information in the Audit Log so you can see the Context of which specific Sale, Item, Customer, etc.
- Added Bulk Change Sales Rep to Customer Records
- REMOTE OPERATION: Is now more robust.
- Print To File now works when Printing a List of Records
- MCH-149: Variant Report – has enhanced Parameter Choices
- INV-053 – Inventory Summary Report
Version 4.4 Highlights
Artisan POS version 4.4 had an unprecedented number of single point updates with a whopping 420 of them. This was partially due to adding new features all along the way. We vow to dramatically curtail this activity in 4.5 with 90% feature-complete on day 1 of the release. New changes will only be considered for 4.6 to improve the stability for all.
Here are some of the more recent and important 4.4 features.
- Remote Operation – for Multi-Store and Remote Stations
- Internet Store Interface for Shopify and Woo Commerce
- Gift Registry
- Buy From Customer
- Implement TranCloud Payment Processing which replaces BridgePay’s Pay Guardian
- Processor-Based Gift Cards (for TranCloud)
- Sales Summary by Station
- Implement Cash Counter with Enhancements
- Sticky Quick-Pick – Enhancements to our Quick-Pick menu
- Implement Record Selection Check Boxes for Bulk Changes, Print, and Export in 4.5.
- Add Refresh button to Report Viewer so that you can edit your parameters without having to start over
- Implement Cash Rounding Feature (for Canda and others without a 1 cent coin)
- Implement Age Verification Feature
- Implement Multi-Vendor
- Add On-Screen Keyboard for Touch Screen Mode
- Implement Video Customer (Pole) Display
- PO “Smart Start” – Start the order off with the quantities from recent sales.
- Receive by Scanning
- Surcharge Items, BOGO, Advanced Coupons, Pricing Charts & Quantity Breaks
- Customer Forms, Reserved Receiving Notes, Bulk Change Performance
- Basic Destination-Based Sales Tax (no online lookups)
- New and Optimized Bulk Change options
- General Cleanup and Bug Fixes
On the Horizon Late in 4.5
Of course, there are many things that we really wanted to do in 4.5, but we just couldn’t get to everything. These things we consider hypercritical and shouldn’t have a deleterious effect on existing users.
- Support Datacap’s Net E Pay payment processing method.
- Automatic Updates (This is an elusive feature that may appear in part after 4.5 is initially released.)
- Import Excel Formula Values
- Import – No-Add Mode – Update Existing Records or Ignore
- Shopify Gift Card Enhancements
On the Horizon in 4.6
- Support for BigCommerce Webstore Interface
- Automatic Billing & Expiring Credit Card Report
- Third-Party Billing
- Alternate Shipping Addresses for PO’s and Customers
- Back Order Items
- Duplicate Customer Report & Missing Address Power Search